From The Author
2023 Kicking My Behind
It’s been a helluva year (already)…
And it’s time to update and reset my publishing expectations. 😅
My financial situation changed substantially earlier this year, such that I knew I needed to look for a day job again. I was working on God Wars 7 at the time but will be unable to finish it for the foreseeable. ☹ Too many unknowns right now.
However, I had a few months over the summer to follow through on my outstanding marketing obligations and finish up other on-going projects before starting the hunt in September.
In case you missed any:
- 2 of 4 Tales of Miurag story collections are now published in ebook and paperback:
- Chimera46 and I put in some good hours finishing up that long-promised dramatic reading from Book 4: Surfacing, and it turned out great! We had fun and learned a lot, though this is a labor-intensive approach given our experience!
- If you like, have a listen of the full 20-minute experience here!
Lastly, I managed to open a new section on my lore archive at World Anvil!
- THE NEXUS 💀contains a ton of articles and lore about the Greylands, created by my long-time collaborator, NecrosisBob from 2014 to today!
- I’ve been releasing 5-6 articles a month with new sketches and relevant information happening in the background of Sister Seekers, or in a few cases, actually shows up on the page! 👀
- Join my Patreon for free, Follow me on World Anvil, or Join my Newsletter to be notified of all future lore updates!
My current focus is Sister Seekers 10.
I decided this back in July and thought I’d have plenty of time be able to finish by the end of 2023.
But Life… and Death… had other plans. 😓 It’s been mostly a time to hang in there with family and take things one day at a time.
I am about halfway through Shadows & Hounds now, which patrons can read in installments if they like, but September was full of job hunts and I lost the entire month of October to COVID, an unpanned trip out of town, and starting a new job immediately after getting back (and I’m only 2 weeks into training!) and got almost no writing done.
This is the “kicked my ass” part. 🤕
Aside from the World Anvil and Patreon updates, I’ll only be working on Shadows & Hounds until it’s finished. I would like to get it published during the winter, early 2024.
After that? I plan a “deep” edit of Tales of Miurag: Death, which should be faster to publish, and then start work on Sister Seekers 11: Rising Guardians. 🐲
Not much else to say at this point except I’ll keep going. Just maybe at a slower pace for a while. ✏️ 🧡
Many thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! 🎁